NASA "Create the future" design contest is on!!

People

Looks like NASA contest for create the future contest is on...
below is the email content :

Dear Vijaya:

We are now accepting entries for the 2012 "Create the Future" Design Contest, sponsored by COMSOL, Nordson EFD, and Tech Briefs Media. The tenth annual contest will recognize outstanding innovations in product design worldwide, awarding a Grand Prize of $20,000 USD. There is no cost to enter. Visit #-Link-Snipped-# to get started.

New this year: in addition to descriptive text and illustrations, you have the option to submit a video about your idea. Entries can be submitted by individuals and/or teams in seven categories:
  • Consumer Products
  • Electronics
  • Machinery & Equipment
  • Medical (sponsored by Value Plastics)
  • Safety and Security
  • Sustainable Technologies
  • Transportation
The top entry in each category will receive a workstation computer from Hewlett-Packard. Prizes also will be awarded for the ten most popular entries as voted on by site registrants. (The contest site attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year!) Winning entries will be featured in a special supplement to NASA Tech Briefs magazine, the world's largest-circulation design engineering magazine. The Top 100 entries overall, as determined by an industry panel of judges, will receive a certificate of achievement suitable for framing.

All entries must be received by June 30, 2012.

For complete information and the official entry form, go to: #-Link-Snipped-#

Please forward this e-mail to your colleagues so they too can enter and win.

Good luck!

Cordially,

Joe Pramberger
President
Tech Briefs Media Group

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I was just about to post about this, when I saw the above post. Some CE teams participated last year. We should do a more concerted effort this year.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Will participate in this. But what can be publicity strategy? I have a good concept this time.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I received this email too.
    Issue
    Will participate in this. But what can be publicity strategy? I have a good concept this time.
    I think if we present the idea well, our team will get votes from people who are not CEans too.

Useful information from that website -

Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends June 30, 2012

Choose one of seven categories for your entry:
    • Consumer Products -- Products that increase quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
    • Electronics -- Products that improve computing, communications, and other fields that rely on advances in electronic components and systems.
    • Machinery and Equipment -- Products that speed and improve work, manufacturing, or scientific research processes.
    • Medical Products -- Products that improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare.
    • Safety and Security -- Products that enhance the security or safety of individuals, businesses, communities, or nations.
    • Sustainable Technologies -- Products that help reduce dependence on non-renewable energy resources, as well as products designed for other purposes using environmentally friendly materials or manufacturing processes.
    • Transportation -- Products that enable movement of people and goods from one place to another.
    TIPS FOR ENTRANTS

The best entries clearly and concisely answer all of the following questions and are accompanied by an illustration that complements and illuminates the text:
    • What problem does your design idea solve?
    • What are the potential benefits?
    • How is your idea novel or an improvement on what is currently available in the marketplace?
    • Where would this idea be applied?
    • What is the market potential?
    • How does your design work?
    • How would your product be manufactured?
    • How would the production cost compare with products already in the marketplace?

The best design ideas will:

• Improve quality of life
    • Automate tedious tasks
    • Prevent or reduce injuries
    • Improve public safety and security
    • Save time and money
    • Offer alternative energy solutions
    • Reduce consumption of natural resources
    • Lead to other product improvements
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Are we not participating this year?
    June is 2 months away.
    Summer Holidays are coming-in. CEans can brainstorm and work out something.
    Who is in?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    AbraKaDabra
    Are we not participating this year?
    June is 2 months away.
    Summer Holidays are coming-in. CEans can brainstorm and work out something.
    Who is in?
    may be you have have a seek peek here - #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello I am arun gupta from B.Tech 2012 batch, my branch is (C.S) Any vacancies for b.tech 2012 batch in NCR . plzzzz help me !!!!
Name: Donagh Engineering Trade: Electrical and Electronic Location: Ierland Occupation: Reserch staff Work Experience: Board Gaís Networks C&I Hobbies & Interests: Smoking & Drinking Aim in life: To make the...
Hello crazy engineers, I need some crazy/not so crazy advice on fixing my i2c bus. The problem is clear, the SDA line is not being pulled low enough to register...
can anyone tell the meaning and operation of virtual inductance
CNN perhaps doesn't know the standards at which Toyota engineers its cars. Or say, the author does not know the way engineering functions. In its recent article, it CNN says,...